Tuesday, January 16, 2018

10 Photos that Shaped My Year // 2017

NOTE: I 1st saw this idea from Amanda's blog {who actually snagged it from Beka - at least I think it was Beka.}  Hmmm, it's beginning to feel like an old fashioned game of telephone here.  Anyhow, whoever had this amazing idea, I thank you.

Find a photo from the year's greatest adventure - big or small.

Our greatest adventure {outside of marriage itself}, was celebrating our 1st anniversary out in Arizona.  Here we are at the Grand Canyon {with a grand kiss}!

Find a photo of a significant moment.

We sent up a patriotic floating lantern for our 1st 4th of July + I prayed in my heart for a secret wish as it floated out of sight.

What photo makes you feel most alive?

This was our 1st full day in Arizona {not too mention our actual anniversary date}, & we had been driving around when we decided to stop & breathe in the beauty of God's creation... it took my breath away + {incidentally} I've never felt more alive.

Pick your favorite photo of you & the people you love.

You + Me

Search for a photo of a morning you want to remember.

Summer found us out early, trying to beat the heat, as we hiked for miles & miles on Pine Mountain.  Our longest hike was over 4 miles!

Find a photo that represents joy.

It had been over a year since I had worn this dress when I finally put it on again & went down to that magical piece of railroad track & captured the memories I'd always been hoping to.

Locate a photo of the people who shaped your year.

Me + You

Find a photo of you trying something new.

Our 1st married summer together was full of 1sts.  This was our 1st trip to Oxbow Meadows + our 1st time on their treetop walk.

Identify an image of something you are proud of.

How we've stuck together {like an Oreo cookie (which was our costume this fall)} through the challenges & adjustments of newlywed life & bringing our 2 lives together into 1 is definitely a  God thing.  Without Him, we just couldn't have done it. {I love you to  the moon, Dan.} {And back.} {Times infinity.} {Okay, there.  I said it.}

What is a photo you'll want to pass down to future generations?

I want our children to see the love in their mom & dad's marriage + Jesus, always 1st & foremost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!