Monday, January 29, 2018

My Current {6 Product} Skin Care Routine

My skin has always been kinda so-so.  I wish I could say I left pimples back in high school {along with my Lisa Frank stationary}, but they still make their presence known every now & then {especially during that time of the month} + around the chin area mostly.  Now that I'm in my early 30s even more changes are happening in the skin department.  Here's my skin care routine that I'm pretty darn happy with currently...


Step 1: Cleanse

AM & PM // Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser - This is nothing fancy whatsoever, but it gets the job done for me + it's less than $5 on Amazon!  Even though salicylic acid is thought to be the standard in fighting breakouts, I tend to find my skin does a whole lot better when it's not present in my facial cleanser, which is another reason I love this Clean & Clear option.  I also always use a little soft silicone face scrubber to wash my face nowadays {it seems to get my face cleaner than just using my fingertips}.

PM // Philosophy Purity Made Simple Micellar Cleansing Water - I use this nightly as a toner + eye makeup remover & it works fantastically.  I just swipe it over my face + eyelid area with a cotton ball.

Twice Weekly // Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Exfoliating Clay Mask - The buzz on this product has been enormously great, so I visited my local Ulta & purchased the travel-sized option.  I've used it a total of twice, so far, & I don't feel any negativity towards it, but I also feel like I need more data on it to give my solid opinion.  So, so far, so good, but I'll review more in depth in the coming weeks after I've conducted more research. 😉


Step 2: Moisturize

AM // Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief - This makes my skin feel so soft + is perfect for the drier winter season.  I find a little goes a long way.

AM // No7 Beautiful Skin Oil Free Skin Protector - Because I use a retinol product at night {which can make skin more susceptible to the sun's harmful rays}, I like a bit of extra protection during the day.  This lightweight sunscreen with vitamin E fits the bill nicely.

PM // Body Merry Retinol Surge Moisturizer - I love the ingredients in this one {green tea, plant derived hyaluronic acid, vitamins A, E, + B5} + it's a great overall value via Amazon. It's only been about a month since I started using this one, but so far I have nothing but good to say.  It can be used both day & night, but I tend to stick to pretty much the PM, because my skin tends to be on the sensitive side & I haven't used retinol formulas much.  More in depth review to come after I've used it a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!