Friday, January 12, 2018

Little Letters // January 2018



Dear January,

I love you, but somehow I always try to make you {cough*cough: me} perfect when you roll around at the dawn of each year.  Like unattainable perfect.  Like meeting all my goals & being the most angelic wife & the cutest dresser & the fit exerciser {instead of the crazy hormonal consume pretty much the entire bag chocolate eater girl that I have been}.  I admit, I messed up + then felt so rotten afterwards {& for way too long}.  I gotta give us some grace!  It's not you - it's most definitely me.  I'm sorry.

Love + grace to you!

Laura

✉ ⏩

Dear Dan,

Thanks for leaving that love note.  Oh, how I love you!!!

XOXO,
Your Wife

✉ ⏩

Dear Jigsaw Puzzles,

I am your fan girl! {Does that make me a grandma?} {I don't think so.}  You are so quiet & serene & unplugged & slow-paced in this crazy rat race of 21st century living.  I love how your little pieces all fit together + make something beautiful.  It's kind of like life... it's crazy at 1st to think all these small, insignificant-looking pieces will actually come together & create something worthwhile - & it does take time - but God is working 'em into an incredible thing + every piece is necessary.

,
Laura

✉ ⏩

Dear Bible Journaling,

You are one of my new favorites this year.  While I may do you differently than many {'cause I don't fancy myself much of a water colorist or drawing star}, you make me happy to use the gifts of creativity my heavenly Creator blessed me with to dig into the Holy Word.  I'm grateful you're in my life now.

Love,
Laura

✉ ⏩

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!