Friday, January 19, 2018

Dollar Store Upcycle // String Art



Upcycling dollar store finds is one of my favorite things.  I snagged this string art {see below} the other day at my local Dollar Tree, & while it's nice, it's not really me.  So, I'm going to work some easy-peasy upcycling magic to make it more my style.  Here's how...  


Step 1: Get rid of the string + add some fresh paint.  You will likely need several coats to cover. {Extra tip: Don't forget to paint the edges (if that's important to you)!  I forgot to paint them & had mixed my own gray paint color & used it all up, & wasn't about to try & match it up again, so I ended up putting a simple washi tape on the edges (which works, too).}


Step 2: Add some new string. {Extra tip: Add a drop or 2 of hot glue to secure the ends.}


Step 3 {Optional}: Personalize it further with some embellishments, letter stickers/stamps or a painted phrase, or keep it minimalist - it's up to you!  At 1st, I was sure I was going to add a phrase like "Dan + Laura" or write "love" across the bottom in scrolly script, but now I'm thinking of just keeping it simple & sweet & leaving it as is.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!