Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Monthly Recap // January 2018

➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴
Prayed in the New Year with a Bible study group + then had a grand fireworks show!

 Had a special New Year's Day prayer date with Dan at a local church's public space known as the Prayer Tower.  We prayed for 2018 + God's will & blessings in it.  It's one of my favorite dates from this month!

 Completed 2 500 piece puzzles!  Wintertime + January always equals jigsaw puzzle time for me.

 Went to the Day Butterfly Center at Callaway Gardens & witnessed the "birth" of a butterfly!

 Watched Paddington 2 at the movies with Dan.  It might have started a bit slow, but in the end it was so sweet + adorable + every bit as good as the 1st!

 Woke up to my 1st real snow day way down here in Georgia!  Work was canceled for the both of us + we took a nice long walk + played out in the snow on the empty playground at our apartment complex {see our video here} & sipped lots of hot coffee {Dan} & hot chocolate {me}.

 Read my 1st book of 2018, Littler Women: A Modern Retelling by Laura Schaefer.  I gave it ★★★★★ + highly recommend if you like young adult fiction + the Louisa May Alcott classic.

 Celebrated the 7th birthday of one of our flower girls from our wedding.  Her winter theme party was the cutest thing ever + Dan built himself an edible snowman out of powdered donuts & pretzels.

 Ate lunch out with friends + introduced them to one of our newest faves, Newk's.

 Reconnected with a sweet friend over dinner.  It felt like I hadn't seen her in ages & we had a lot of catching up to do that evening!

 Dan's mom made it safely through a knee replacement surgery + we celebrated his dad's birthday!

 Dan & I started hunting/hiding painted rocks around town again.

 Traveled over to Opelika + Auburn, Alabama {my 1st time / Dan's been there lots}.  We shopped around a bit, ate at yummy Niffer's Place {where Dan gobbled down the Niffasaurus Jr.}, made a Krispy Kreme stop for dessert donuts, & played in their mall's sweet little toy store.

 Met my crazy goal of blogging every day this month!  I can't believe I made it!  Scroll through 'em all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!