Thursday, January 4, 2018

Messy Truths

I want to write the good stuff.  The stuff that matters.

The days when I was the only filter to run things by before I clicked Publish are over now that I've got a husband {& when I say "got" I mean was "blessed with" (Thank You, Lord)}, & I've been finding it harder to find the honesty & the realness with another person to consider when I type up our life stories for you to read...  In other words, it gets messy & I wanna do it right by everybody.
That's something I know...  Life is messy.  And, yet, in our photo-shopped lives & Instagram highlight reels we can make it all look so... perfect.  Though we know it can't possibly be, something in us whispers that maybe it is - maybe, really, most everyone's life {or at least hers or his} is much more picture perfect & it's just me & mine that are a hot mess.  Everybody else is out picking up succulents & wearing cute new shoes & is always rocking the perfect manicure & being kissed by their spouses while smiling adorably for the camera...  And, worse still, just maybe we need new shoes, a nail appointment, & a house plant, among other things to make it all beautiful & right.  We're always just one more thing away from what we want.
The stuff these days is breeding discontent, comparison, & ungratefulness, & it is a fight to fight the good fight, & sometimes you have to check yourself & unplug, unsubscribe, & cancel accounts to get back to where you need to be as God's beloved child.  Whole in Him, not in all the perfectly cropped / beautified pics that hide the real mess of reality.

I think I just needed a little rant.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!