Friday, January 5, 2018

Getting Into Bible Journaling


I know you've likely seen it popping up all over the place for awhile now...  Bible journaling, the art of decorating in your Bible with paint, pencils, embellishments... - there's really no wrong way to do it!  I just wonder, when did Bible journaling become a thing?  Because, if you're anything like me {+ have worked in both a public & elementary school library 😉}, you kinda have to unlearn what you've already learned about books {i.e.: You shouldn't write in them!  Let alone in the Holy God-breathed Word!}.  But, once that's done, you're pretty much ready!

Anywho, I asked Dan for a journaling Bible this past Christmas & I unwrapped this little treasure underneath the tree last month...


Now, I'm getting into it in my own little way!  I've found after the 1st attempt of actually drawing in my Bible that it is totally nerve-wracking for me + something I'm probably going to avoid {the fear of messing up (which I actually did the 1st time, but miraculously fixed with some strategically placed stickers + washi tape) is too great for my ticker}.  I think I'll stick to drawing/writing on separate embellishments & then adding them in.





{The one above in Song of Songs is my current favorite. }

My go-to supplies so far seem to revolve around cutout embellishments, gold staples, ribbon, & stickers + this is where to find the NIV Bible I use.

This is becoming a new way to creatively get into God's Word & hide scripture in my heart.  While it doesn't replace my actual Bible reading time {still gotta have that (most of all)}, it is a beautiful creative thing & I'm kinda giddy over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!