Sunday, May 14, 2017

Thinking About Mamahood


It's Mother's Day, & like so many of my fellow female sisters across the globe, I dream of being a mom.

I want to look into Dan's eyes & excitedly spill out the news & see what he does right after.  I want to know what it's like in the before time to feel a real, live little person growing in my middle - complete with wriggling & kicking.  I want to know what it's like to bring forth a life - such a miracle each & every time.  I want to see what baby will look like.  More like daddy or mommy?  What color eyes?  Hair?  What will we call that first sweet one?

I want to hear, "Mommy" from a tiny {or not-so-tiny} voice.  I want to swing that little one up & tickle the tummy & hear the dearest baby laughter.  I want to be that mom riding her bicycle through the park with her little one by her side wearing matching pirate hats or butterfly wings & going on grand adventures.  I want to be that mom who always ends each day with a bedtime story.

I want to be that mom who shows her child who God is through words & actions.  I want to be that mom who brings her kiddos up in the knowledge & love of Christ.  I want to be that mom who sees them step forward on their own one day to accept Jesus as their Savior & live a life for Him.  I want to be that mom who leans on Jesus, my true source of strength.

I want to pray all the prayers I can muster over my children in the now, before they've even been formed inside me.  I want to trust my babies & my unseen future to my heavenly Father.  I want to mother the littles God has placed in my current circumstance well & with much love through Him in these days.

I want to tell all those mamas out there doing the hardest job there is each & every day, a very happy Mother's Day!

And to my own most wonderful mom, thank you & I love you so!

P.S.: Baby onsie via.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!