Thursday, May 4, 2017

'Cause We Like Star Wars at Our House



May the 4th be with you!

I have to admit, before Dan was in the picture I wasn't too keen on Star Wars, other than remembering always asking to get the Ewok movies at Blockbuster when I was a kiddo {I hope you are old enough to remember when movie rental stores were a thing}  .  Apart from the furry little woodsy teddy bears who couldn't speak English, I was pretty much clueless.


Then came Dan.  I'm pretty sure the above image captures one of his best moments of being alive {I just hope getting married to moi tops meeting Chewbacca {or I'm gonna cry like a Wookiee (which won't be pretty)}}.  Anywho, he is the epitome of an epic Star Wars fan.



So, after our 1st date I go & buy a Star Wars tee & wear it the next time he's in town.  Eventually we watch several of the movies together {I still have a few to go}, I buy more Star Wars shirts, & then one day when he finally utters, "I love you," - well, you know I have to answer with a Star Wars reference {it wasn't like I had it planned for months & months or anything} 😉.  Finally, we end up married.  Can you believe it {I guess that 1st Star Wars tee did the trick}?!


We honeymooned in Orlando last year, & guess where one of our major stops was?  That's right, Disney's Hollywood Studios with all their new Star Wars stuff!  Dan's smiles that day were the best!


And now this girl loves Star Wars almost as much as that crazy guy above {almost}.


We can't wait to go back in 2019 when Hollywood Studios unveils the new 14 acre Star Wars Land!


Happy May the 4th be with you day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!