Monday, April 10, 2017

Our Love Story // Part 4 {Miles In Between}


Read parts 1, 2, & 3!

We lived out strange, adventurous days over the following months, making dates to see each other every few weeks, & playing tourists in each other's cities, talking on the phone {pretty much} nightly.  It was all so new & exciting... & difficult & lonely - trying to get to know someone {really} with a steady couple hundred miles in between.  My nature is pretty guarded {especially where guys are concerned}, with a strong facade that hides the insecurity.  It's just not my thing to be vulnerable & outta control - pretty much the definition of falling in love {at least for me (all stories are different, I've learned)}.  Maybe Plato had something when he quipped, "Love is a serious mental disease." 😍

The words of this part of our story are harder for me to wrangle in & put down.  While there was much beauty in this season, it was often overshadowed by my fear, & truth be told, I was deep in struggle for much of it.  Me & safety have this thing going.  I often feel I'd rather be "safe" no matter the cost.  Do I let someone into my life?  My heart?  What if I'm hurt?  How can I be safe relying on someone?  These questions kept piling up, & also kept me kneeling before Jesus in prayer {right where I needed to be (always)}.

He had to ask 3 times, but on the 3rd I said "yes" to being his girlfriend on April 12, 2015.  Little by little, & sometimes in giant steps & wild leaps, I made brave choices to let this guy into my life & heart, because he was proving time & time again to be worthy of trust - to be my valiant pursuer, protector, & cherish-er.  To be the man I had been praying for for all this time...❤

P.S.: I had braces all throughout our dating season!

P.P.S.: Happy 7 months married today, Dan!

P.P.P.S.: Part 5 here!

💑

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!