Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Our Love Story // Part 1 {The Prequel}


I was one of those adamant ones.  I would not, under any circumstances, "go online" to try & find a guy.  Sure, I had heard & even seen it work for so many others - & I honestly thought there was nothing wrong with it for them - but it just wasn't for me.  No way.  No thank you.

Then, it snowed.  This is a real treat for us in the south.  We go nuts & raid the grocery store like it's the end times & we just absolutely need that last loaf of bread, so just try to pry it from our death grip {the struggle is real}.  I was teaching at the time & we got a snow day!  Yay!  No kiddos, no paper grading, no early morning getup, sweet little flurries swirling.  Then, the snow day turned into 2, then 3 - & the flurries became the real stuff & decided to stick & collect & make it all fluffy white beautifulness.  And I became a little stir crazy, shut up in my apartment solo, making snowmen for company.  Yes.  Did I mention Valentine's Day was swiftly approaching - like at the end of the week?  This was a deadly combo, a recipe for disaster... that cabin-fever inducing snow-day-week {we got the whole 5 days off (for real)} & the approach of Val Day made me do the unthinkable.  I went online.  For a trial, 'cause I'm still kinda convicted of my adamant no that I obviously can't hold to in times like these + I'm thrifty.

Now dear reader, here is the curve ball you didn't see coming perhaps, I met someone then.  But he wasn't the one, & after just one "date" {that term is used quite loosely here}, I knew it & I tried my best to graciously leave no hint of possibility as to anything more.  Thankfully we hadn't even exchanged phone numbers or e-mail addresses {we had just communicated within the site's messaging system (which is the safe way to go for awhile, in my opinion)}.  To think this all literally happened within one snow-day-filled-week is craziness, especially considering my no-way-Hosea policy on the whole thing.  I pretty much threw it all out the window {into the snow, of course}, started a free trial on a dating website {gasp}, started communicating with guys {double gasp}, & got a "date" {again, so loose} set up to meet a real live human-could-be-crazy-lunatic-murderer-man all in one week {get the smelling salts}!  Did I mention our "date" was for the day after Valentine's {& the snow just up & finally melted by then}!?

Maybe it was the crazy snow week loneliness, the pressure of another single February 14th, or making the snow couple {yes, I really did} that did me in that year, I don't know, but that Valentine's my heart melted a little & I turned my adamant no into a perhaps maybe yes to this crazy internet love connection thing...❤

P.S.: Part 2 here!

💑

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!