Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hockey Date


So my new city has this hockey team - which seems pretty crazy for Georgia {I guess I picture the sport more up north in some New England state} - & it's been on my bucket list to go see one of their home games, so last night we made it a date!


Did I mention I've never been to a hockey game?  Nor do I really {ahem, at all} follow the sport.  I do know the basic rules, however, & that it's notoriously rough. 


I wasn't sure how this was going to go, as we took our seats behind one of the goals, but I knew I wanted the experience.  {We had great seats, by the way, with only 2 rows in front of us!}


It turns out this team of ours {with its Cool Runnings-esque hockey-in-the-south vibe} is really good.  Really, really good!  I soon found myself cheering, & by the end I was on my feet with the rest of the crowd & jumping up & down when they made a final goal at the very end!  It was a Columbus Cottonmouths' victory!  Final score: 7 -2.  I think I might just like this hockey business a whole lot {sans the fighting (Could we just stop that?)}!
The Cold-Natured Girl's Guide to Hockey Viewing:
{Even though I was wearing a long sleeved tee + a fleece jacket, I still found myself shivering.  Next time I plan to be prepared!}
  • Wear some layers!
  • Bring some gloves...
  • & maybe a blanket...
  • + fuzzy socks...
  • & a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!