Sunday, March 12, 2017

1/2 Year Anniversary Date Night

03.10.2017

I sent a text asking you to pick up something for dinner on your way home from work.  You didn't know I had a surprise picnic up my sleeve - & that you were providing the main course.  Poor timing caused me to drive right past you as I was leaving & you were heading in.  You waved & thought I was just going to be right back.  You didn't have a clue, until you found the note I left on the kitchen table...

I waited by the fountain in the secret garden, wearing my white dress & with our "L & D" lights twinkling.  My nerves felt like this was an early date, not month 6 of marriage.  Then I saw you come down the path holding flowers, & I felt a swell of love for you that almost formed into tears...


 We blew out the candle & cut our slice of cake in half to share, because it's been half a year together with you...
Here's to all the months God blesses us with!  I pray they are countless.  You are my forever love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!