Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Exploring the "Little Grand Canyon"

Spring has found us itching for some outdoor adventure, so last weekend Dan & I headed to Providence Canyon.  Located near the tiny town of Lumpkin, this state park is known as Georgia's "Little Grand Canyon."



The stark contrast between the deep burnt oranges of the Georgia red clay & the chalky white of the ridges is sublime!  We hiked to the bottom of the canyon where a shallow flow of water drifts over the reddest part of the trail.


A handful of these rusted-out old beauties from way back in the day {when there was actually a tiny community here} pop-up sporadically on the sides of the trails like the most unexpected sculptural art!



Wait, you're supposed to zoom out... Oops! {You will never know.}


I have to say, I love my hiking partner!

It was a beautiful day worth remembering.
Let's have more adventures please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!