Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patty's Day!


I have to admit, I've not been one to really celebrate this day {apart from wearing green (if I remember)} in the past... &, truth-be-told, I don't think I'll ever be a very hardcore St. Patrick's Day reveler, but I do love marking special days {& making ordinary days special}, so I'm working on this holiday I've neglected for too long...

Irish Favorites:
  • this proverb ⏩ You will never plough a field if you only turn it over in your mind.  {C'mon, how good is this truth!?}
  • Irish step dancing
  • music group Celtic Woman
  • C.S. Lewis
  • Claddagh rings

Easy Festive Ideas {You Can Totally Pull Off Tonight}:
  • Have a baked potato bar! {What's more Irish than potatoes, I ask you?}
  • Add green sprinkles to cookies or ice cream.
  • Make a green milkshake with vanilla ice cream + green food coloring.
  • Watch a film set in Ireland.
  • Have a candlelit dinner with Celtic music playing softly in the background.
  • Put green food coloring in the toilet & tell your husband {or kiddos} it was really, truly a leprechaun's doing. {Yes, I'm pretty much crazy!}
P.S.: My husband found 3 legit 4-leaf clovers awhile back & pressed them in a book.  I framed them with a photo + vellum behind as a Christmas gift last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!