Monday, February 26, 2018

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus


I found myself scribbling these words on my bulletin this past Sunday morning.  In a world that seems so full of fear, Christ is where our trust must anchor...

Maybe I don't have to trust everyone.  Just Him, & that's a freeing thing.

He will hold me & there is no pretense & there is no question of if I'm enough for Him or what He thinks deep down of me & all the other awful unknown wonderings that engulf me with everyone else {except maybe my mom (thanks, mom)}.  But with all else I question & I hesitate to trust, because I fear the pain that just may follow such a risky, risky thing.

But with Him, I can trust & risk the risk that is no risk at all.  And in His hands I can place all the rest of fickle & faulty humanity {including myself: the president of the club} & trust Him with the lot.  When all else is wavering & uncertain, He is rock solid & unchanging - the same yesterday, today, & forever {Hebrews 13:8}.

How amazing is He!  I must trust Him, for He is forever trustworthy.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!