Saturday, February 24, 2018

Our 1st Beach Trip Together!




We marked the very 1st thing off our 2018 bucket list with a trip to the seashore!


We both have lots of childhood memories of going to the beach with our families, but we'd never been together... even though we honeymooned in Orlando + actually only live about 3 1/2 hours from Panama City Beach!


So, when my mom & stepdad invited us down with them we jumped at the chance.  They stayed the week & we stayed for the long President's Day weekend. {This was also our 1st ever weekend getaway together.}


The weather was warm {around the upper 70s to low 80s} & while we didn't swim {though lots were}, we waded in the waves & collected seashells & made tracks through the white sand.  By the end, my pants were soaked {I never could resist that salty sea water} + my sun hat was full of shells + my heart was full.


The next day we went to St. Andrews State Park {one of Dan's favorite places} & explored.  While we didn't see an alligator, we did spy blue heron, lots of seagulls, a turtle, & 2 deer.





I can't wait to go to the beach together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!