Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Dear Husband...


Dear Dan,

Do you know how much I love you?  Do you know you were in my prayers before I even knew your name?  Do you know how much I thank God for the gift that is you?  Do you know that I'm crazy in love with you?

I always say I first knew you were the one when you prayed.  We were miles apart, in different states, & over the phone at the end of our chats you prayed.  You prayed & I knew.  I knew you were the one for me.  The one God had heard me praying about for years.  You were & are my answered prayer.

The funniness of your soul + the childlike wonder you refused to ever lose when the years aged you, but your heart stayed true.  The way you looked for four-leaf clovers & even planted the seeds that promised 'em just to find some, & now 3 hang on our wall pressed between glass beside photos of us.  Those are more reasons I fell in love.  The sweetness of your smile paired with your handsome face & those green eyes & gentle heart.  I melted for who you are, & I still do.  And I told my mom, long before any proposal, in my determined way, that unless God said otherwise, I was going to marry you.

It hasn't always been easy for you & me.  First, hundreds of miles apart.  Then, trying to adjust to being together when we never really got to experience the normal-life, day-to-day stuff of just being in a relationship in the same city until after we were married & in the same one-bedroom apartment.  We both brought our baggage + our fears & sometimes we get afraid or forgetful or complacent or selfish & forget we were each others' gift & answered prayer.  I'm sorry for every one of those times.  Please never forget, I love you...

Do you know how much I love you?  Do you know you were in my prayers before I even knew your name?  Do you know how much I thank God for the gift that is you?  Do you know that I'm still crazy in love with you?

I am, & I will be until my final breath.

All my Love
Your Wife,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!