Sunday, March 4, 2018

Monthly Recap // February 2018

➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴

 I got the flu.  Like the legit flu - the kind they tell you you've got after they do the swab test where they put this thing that looks way too much like a shish kabob skewer up your nostril.  Yep, I'm sorry for the visual.  It wasn't pretty.  It lasted about a week.  And, yes, I had my flu shot, but ya know this season influenza was crazy.

 I was in the middle of the flu when February 14th came this year, but we still exchanged Valentine's gifts + cards & ate some sweets + tried to make it special.

 We went to the beach for the 1st time together!  I was literally just getting over the flu & we weren't sure if we were going to make it happen, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to see my mom + stepdad {who had already planned the trip} & feel that white sand between my toes.

 I began another long term sub job, this time in 2nd grade.  Overall, my class is really sweet.  They make me laugh a lot.  It's a blessing to have the work, that's for sure.

 One night, Dan headed into the kitchen & then a moment later there came his shriek, "Ah!  There's a snake in here!"  I'm like, "What do you mean there's a snake in here?!"  Well, sure enough, there was a little brown snake coiled up by the refrigerator.  We were so afraid it would slither away & we wouldn't be able to find it!  We didn't know what to do, so we did what any sensible apartment dweller would, we called maintenance & a guy came in a few short minutes & took the critter away.  However, the next day as I stepped out my door & into the breezeway who should appear but the snake!  Actually I wasn't for sure it was the snake, but it was definitely one of his family members.  Dan brushed it away with a broom & so far we've not seen another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!