Saturday, June 3, 2017

Monthly Recap // May 2017

➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴
Dan & I started teaching the K-5th group at our church on Wednesday nights.  We love working with our kiddos + serving Christ together in this way!  My favorite memory is when the kids wrapped Dan in aluminum foil the night we talked about putting on the armor of God.  It put a {funny} visual to what I already knew, he is my knight-in-shining armor {& a gift from God}!

Took pics with a giant cow {statue} & checked off bucket list item #22!

 Celebrated 8 months married with a special sign taped onto a stop sign.  He totally missed seeing it, & I had to call him back {I was in a nearby parking lot watching}!

Took a solo trip back to TN to see my mom for Mother's Day!  I love seeing all the family {& I love passing by that "Tennessee Welcomes You" sign}!

Got lost way out in the boonies looking for a horse farm.  We found ourselves driving on gravel roads with not much of anything that looked promising in sight, but eventually we made it!

Finished my last day as a school librarian.  This long term sub job lasted way longer than I could have imagined, & I am giving all the thanks to my God who led me to it.

Grabbed some tea, walked the River Walk, & explored a bit downtown with a sweet new friend!  I even got to introduce her to Kilwins' ice cream shop!

Dan drew on the eggs!

We had fun at our flower girl's b-day party!  The party was at the new "unofficial" Lego store in our city & we {kids + adults} all had a blast creating crazy vehicles & houses out of the iconic toy.  Dan even made a Lego figurine version of me that we got to take home!

As weird as it sounds, we explored a couple cemeteries this month.  In an old sprawling downtown one we found the memorial to all those lost in a terrible infamous circus train wreck that happened here way back in 1915.  This is also where the police pulled up, blocking my car just as we had gotten back in, & cordially asked if we were the only occupants in the vehicle.  It turns out there had just been an armed robbery very close by & they were looking for the suspects who may have fled our way!  They gave us descriptions & told us to call if we saw anything.  We left shortly after, but not before making another stop to get out & look at some more stone markers + drive around looking for the bad guys {'cause I think I'm Nancy Drew}.  We also explored an "abandoned graveyard." {That's what Google Earth called it, but really if Google Earth knows about it how abandoned can it be?}  Dan said we were just going to drive by the spot & see if we could see anything through the woods {so I kept my flip flops on (bad idea)}, & we headed out in his car as twilight began to set in.  Turns out it was pretty much abandoned, but it wasn't hidden in the woods, just nestled near the side of a back road.  So we got out.  In the encroaching darkness, in the overgrown weeds & brush, me in my flip flops.  Did I mention bugs?  I'm sure they were out there waiting to bite my big toe.  We had us some adventures! {& I kept all 10 toes!}

Had our 1st visit to the Icey Girl & Co. for snow cones & an impromptu date night.

On Memorial Day weekend we explored Atlanta's Georgia Aquarium + the World of Coca-Cola to celebrate the kickoff of my summer break!

We tried a local favorite since 1918 - Dinglewood Pharmacy's "almost world famous" scramble dogs.  I had mine sans the chili, 'cause chili's just not my jam.  Turns out, neither are the brightest pinkest hot dogs I've ever seen.  Sorry, Dinglewood. {I'm sure the flamingos love you.}

Went swimming {in our apt. pool} for the 1st time together this season!

Toured the Columbus Museum one afternoon.  So glad my new city has this amazing little art/history museum + it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!