Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Try This: Frame a Tea Towel


Have you noticed there are some adorable kitchen towels out there lately?  This one + this one are 2 of my current faves you can pick up at Target for less than $4!  Since my recent search for thrifty wall art {see here}, I've been continuing the hunt for lovely & unexpected {cheap} things worthy of a frame near you.  Today, it's the underrated tea towel's turn...


All you really need for this one is the tea towel of your choice {make sure it's thin cotton or linen, but not terry cloth - too bulky} + a frame.  If you want to iron your tea towel first, I say go for it, but I totally skipped this step, as I found stretching the towel over the frame's cardboard insert & placing in the frame was enough to get out any major wrinkles/creases + I sorta like the imperfect look.  I did have to trim mine down to cut down on the bulk in the back, but after I did that it fit perfectly into my frame.  Extra Tip: Use a little tape to secure your tea towel to the back of your frame's cardboard insert.  Extra Extra Tip: Does your frame only have a flimsy paper insert?  Cut a piece of cardboard {think cereal boxes or other cardboard you may have lying around} to size so you'll have something sturdier to stretch your tea towel over.  I think these make for the perfect kitchen art, but with the variety of tea towel designs you could easily find one suitable for every room in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!