Friday, April 27, 2018

Things To Do Before You & Your Husband Get Pregnant

1. Start taking prenatal vitamins!  A month or 2 ago I asked my doctor if it was okay to go ahead & start taking prenatal vitamins since my husband & I were about to start trying to conceive.  She answered with a resounding "yes," & said ideally you should start taking them at least 3 months prior to trying.  These gummy ones are my go-to & can be found at pretty much any pharmacy/Target/Walmart.

2. Figure out your cycle {as best you can}.  Let's face it, not every girl has the standard 28-day-never-late cycle {kudos if you do}.  So, start charting your period/symptoms with a handy app.  I've tried a couple different versions {& there are plenty out there}, but the one I currently use & am happy with is Flo.  It lets me enter lots of info + gives me ovulation prediction dates + will change into super handy pregnancy mode once a baby is conceived!  If your cycle is more unpredictable, don't let trying to figure it out add more stress to your life.  Try a friendly app like Flo, &, well, go with the flow.  Ovulation prediction kits are super helpful, too, & let you see if your app prediction dates are accurate + when to get on with the baby making! 😉

3. Make sure you have a good OB/GYN you are comfortable with + give them a call/schedule a visit if you have any concerns.  Do this, even if you feel like your concerns may be silly - it's worth your peace of mind!

4. Work on your finances.  If you are in debt {like us + the majority of Americans {so sad}}, work hard with your spouse to be paying things off like crazy, because once that positive pregnancy test happens you'll need to most likely put a hold on putting all your extra cash towards debt + start paying closer to the minimum due to save up for baby + mama care.

5. De-stress your life.  Stress can wreak havoc on trying to conceive, so pray, spend time with God, walk, try yoga, watch your favorite funny movie... whatever de-stressing looks like for you.  And note, this is not a one time learning, but a continual learning of how to relax + trust God's care + perfect timing for your life.  Give yourself some grace, too, 'cause none of us is perfect, sister.

6. Organize your home.  If there's one thing I don't like to imagine, it's being so very pregnant + trying to clean/find things in a cluttered home.  I don't want to go there.  Again, this isn't going to be perfect, but find a few ways to clean/organize your space {on your budget} now & get those habits into place.  It will be worth it for your sanity/calm in the future.  I've recently gotten hooked on this thrifty organizing channel on YouTube {this girl is so awesome + a mom}!  {Apparently I've made it to the point in my life where watching organizing videos is a hobby... Oh, dear.}

7. Have fun + travel + have adventures with your spouse, because most likely this season of just you & him will not last forever {or even very long in the grand scheme of things}.  Savor it + make the most of it.  Once a baby comes, you will never have this time again when you aren't anyone's parents!  Make it sweet & memorable.

8. Pray for your future babies!  I remember the season of countless prayers I prayed for my husband before I even knew if he existed.  It was a sweet yet difficult time, & the prayers to my perfect loving heavenly Father brought me right where I needed to be - before Him seeking His heart + sharing all of mine.  Now's the time for you & your husband to do the same for your future kiddos.  Bring the desires of your heart to the Savior, Jesus, & don't forget to ask Him to bless, protect, & grow those sweet future blessings into righteous men & women that belong to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!