Sunday, April 29, 2018

Our Debt Story // Update Vol. 1


So, way back in October {2017}, I shared some raw-ness over here about our debt.  It was technically just my Mr.'s debt, but then I said, "I do," & it became {like so many things beautiful & not-so-much} ours.  {I'd like to quickly say to my man... Most things are beautiful, my love!}

Here we are, a little over 7 months later {& a little over a year & a half into our marriage}, & I wanted to share a little money matters update with you guys.

We are officially out of credit card debt!!!

Praise God for that!!!  Can I get an amen? 😄

Now, in our debt snowballing we've got one thing more to go, &, of course, it's our biggest {&, yes, it's the formidable student loans}, but I know with God + each other we can do all things!  We didn't realize that while we pay one lump sum monthly, the loan was actually divided up into three separate parts {& one of those parts had a higher interest rate than the rest + was the smallest amount owed, so we were able to {again, thank You, Jesus} snowball it & pay that one off}.  It actually feels so much more manageable to me to know that we have two more chunks to go, instead of one big enormous sum.  Another thing we learned by calling the loan company was that if we set up automatic monthly payments they lower the interest rate a bit.  So, we're definitely taking them up on that one!

Ways We've Been Saving to Pay Off Debt...
  • selling stuff we no longer use/want on eBay
  • we took stuff that wouldn't be worth it to sell on eBay & had a yard sale {& I think we are going to have one more soon}
  • cheaper/free date nights
  • saying no to things we don't have to have right now

We definitely haven't been perfect on all these things, but we've been trying, & I'm grateful at how far we've come + can't wait to get to the finish line & be debt-free!

Thank You, heavenly Father, for Your provision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!