Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Holiday Entertaining Tips

Christmas Entertaining Favorites
 Have a designated place to corral coats, etc. This has been tricky in our apt., but where there's a will there's a way.  Create a place/space before guests arrive.

Serve stuff you can make ahead of time & reheat easily!  I made this mistake once when we hosted a dinner/movie night.  We were watching 2 movies {both I had never seen before}, & I decided to serve something that I was actually going to have to cook after the guests arrived.  I missed some of the 1st movie because of this!

 Ask about allergies.  It's no fun for the peanut - dairy - gluten free-ers out there if they've not been considered.  Just leave a note on the invitations for guests to text you any food issues they may have. I have a friend who has the unfortunate pumpkin allergy; it's definitely something I'm glad I know considering all the pumpkin-y treats around the autumn/winter!

 Make sure your home smells inviting!  I'm a fan of Bath & Body Work's Wallflower Plugs, myself {this one is currently permeating our place + they have sweet holiday-themed plugs}.  For more ideas, Country Living has 18 DIY scent projects you can find here.

 Don't have a fireplace?  Turn your TV into one!  There are fireplace DVDs you can find this time of year or look up a video of one on YouTube.  We did this last Christmas & it definitely made things more festive & cozy at our get-together.

 Here's a bonus tip!  Looking for a party theme this year?  Click here for a dozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!