Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Baby Girl Nursery Mood Board + Some Kinda Crazy Story Time

 So, this is how I am.  Years ago now, early on in our marriage, waaay before any baby ever blessed my belly, my husband & I found ourselves on a little date night in Cracker Barrel.  There, I happened upon what seemed like the cutest thing ever at the time - an expensive swan rocking toy.  Somehow my dear sweet husband let me leave the store with this big ole' pricey thing.  He knew I loved to save things for the one day maybe dreams.  Just like I had done with greeting cards I purchased for him, long before I knew who him was.  Does this sound crazy?  I'm thinking this sounds crazy.  Pretty sure now it probably was, but again, this is how I am.  So, we took this large toy home to our apartment, & literally had no place to store it.  It sat in our living room much of the time, & if anyone happened to stop by we'd hurriedly move it to our bedroom & shut the door.  After all, we didn't want anyone to think we were pregnant when we obviously weren't.  Fast forward to our sweet surprise of Reed.  We were sure he would be a girl & he would ride this fancy swan one day {which, full disclosure, he has ridden it some even though he's a boy}.  Surprise, God had a little boy in store for us first, & now we wouldn't have it any other way.  Honestly, I thought we might never have a little girl & that was okay because God knew best.  But, what would I do with this swan?  Fast forward some more, & guess what God blessed us with?  Another surprise baby for this PCOS mama, & this time a girl!  My mom has 6 grandsons, & this will be the 1st granddaughter, & I am truly so very shocked that we now have a reason to have this big fancy swan rocker I bought all those years ago.  All that to say, God is sooo good, & He has good plans!  Also, all that to say, I've been stumped on whether to go full on all Swan Lake nursery, or go where my heart is kind of pulling me now to some kind of mashed up enchanted secret garden theme where obviously magical crown wearing swans live, too.  Obviously.  Anywho, that is where I'm going to - this loose flowery theme with some whimsical creatures here & there, & maybe a Frances Hodgson Burnett quote sprinkled in for good measure.

Here's the mood board...


P.S.: Leave me a comment if you're interested in where something's from, & I'll be sure to get you the link!  Also, check out my full Pinterest baby girl nursery board here.

P.P.S.: This girl is coming soon, & this mama is going to have to keep dreaming her nursery dreams for awhile longer, because baby girl's nursery space is still her daddy's office {not to mention our throw-all-the-junk-in room}.  We'll work it out in time, & baby girl will be rooming with us for the first several months anyhow.  I did buy the rug shown above, though, so that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!