Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017!


It's a brand new start, that's what they say about New Year's.  The countdown reaches 1 & the glittery light ball descends & the ticker counter of all our past year's mistakes seems to reset as soon as Auld Lang Syne reaches our ears.  The page flips to a new chapter & it's a bright white page of possibilities ready for the writing.  I used to think of New Year's as this magical wiping clean of the slate & the nervous anticipation of the mess up that would soon follow when my imperfect self can't hold to the resolutions I've made to be perfect.  Here's a reminder to all my fellow humans: we are human & imperfect & sinful & messed up in general.  That's why there's Jesus - & boy do we/I need Him!  He gives us the hope, strength, joy, forgiveness, & daily fresh starts that you don't have to wait another 365 for.  If you ask me, that's more legit than any phony fresh feeling that this ideal of New Year's could bring any day!

Let's live this 2017 seeking His face daily with our imperfect hearts.  It certainly won't be perfection, but it will definitely be grace-filled progress.

Thank You, Lord, for this New Year!  May we each live out fully the adventures you have for us.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!