Friday, January 6, 2017

Gifts // Vol. 1


God used this book to change me heart & soul.  

A couple Januarys ago I read Ann Voskamp's lyrical hard truth words, & I started counting the gifts God gives.  I exercised my eyes to focus in on the good, instead of the fear & the mess & the hard stuff this life holds.  In about a year or so, I had numbered to 1,000, & then I started again.  But the days get complicated, & the anxiety bangs on the door, & the heart & mind forget & grow to grumble like wandering Israelites who remember not the parting waters wonder & the sustenance rained down as bread from heaven & the constant loving presence of God woven throughout their story - & mine.  And, I, like they, need gracious & merciful reminding of the blessings daily given, undeserved, to me...

Here marks the start of a new series where I list off a few of God's gifts from the past week/month.  Some may be small & seemingly unimportant, but to me each one recorded is a treasure & worthy of gratitude to the Giver of all good things.  Thank You, Lord, for all You have given this girl You've saved by grace.

Gifts:

406. hope in Christ for the coming year
411. that he called during his break
413. finding a new favorite place
415. the greenest moss I've ever seen
419. a normal EKG - thank You, Lord
421. chocolate cake
427. shadows of butterflies
429. how he called me his angel & said the sunlight made me glow
434. seeing our tree again
438. the butterfly that landed on Dan's hat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!