Saturday, November 19, 2016

3 Pink Cookies


There he came in from work carrying an unassuming plastic shopping bag.  We greeted after the long day & he took the bag’s contents out & placed them on the counter.  Three pink cookies.

It had been a couple weeks back, before my birthday rolled past, & we had been grocery shopping, when I had eyed these large, big as saucers, “fancy” pink cookies from behind bakery glass, & I had said in his hearing, “I’d love just one of those for my birthday!”  I didn’t know he’d really heard.  My birthday had come & gone & we had celebrated out of town with my family, & it hadn’t entered my mind again.  But he had remembered & listened & heard & cared about my wanting.

 And there they sat, all three of them.  I’d have been satisfied with one, but he wanted to show lavish love, & I don’t know if he really knows just how lavish an act it was to his little wife.  It was.  Thank you, my sweet love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!