Thursday, August 15, 2019

Our Debt Story // Update Vol. 2: We Are Debt Free!!!


First, I've gotta say, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"

Second, I'm gonna link some previous posts I've shared about our money story:

Honestly, I can't believe it!  We are officially debt free as of August 8, 2019!  You know, it kinda scares me - I don't know if I'm afraid that we'll fall back into it {which we promised each other we would never add any new debt (other than a house) into our marriage} or it's just the devil trying to steal my joy, but I got to get myself in check here.  We are debt free & it is all thanks to our gracious Lord providing & I should be dancing on the rooftops over it.  We have worked so hard {4 yard sales in less than 3 years, working jobs that have been downright hard, & choosing to say "no" to many things}, & even though my tough perfectionist mentality always said inwardly {& often outwardly} we could always be doing more, we are surprised we got here as fast as we did.  Praise God!!!

We used the debt snowball method {you can find more about that in the 1st link above}, & the small little old snowball that just wasn't much at all at first kept rolling & picking up more snow & growing... sometimes fast & downhill & other times slow & uphill.  Working together as a couple over it has strengthened us & showed us in a very tangible way how we are stronger together.  What Dan felt was years & years from reach on his own, we were able to accomplish in about a month before we celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary this September.

To those of you still on the debt free journey, keep on keeping on.  By the grace of God, you can make it!  Dan & I are living proof.

Let me know in the comments if you have any money / debt related questions.  We'd love to hear from you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!