Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It Wasn't Supposed to Be This Way


It wasn’t supposed to be this way… those words have been coming up like Coca-Cola bubbles & fizz for way too long now.  I hated to admit what I had said I didn’t have from the get-go, I actually had in spades – expectations.  They were there & real & alive & triggering that statement over & over again like a broken record: It wasn’t supposed to be this way.  Yet it was, & it is, & it is causing much hurt to my heart, ‘cause this is real where fairy tales end & the rubber meets the road, & sometimes Cinderella’s glass slipper shatters or is just left on the stairs completely without a prince to even give a care she’s running around with one shoe &, oh yeah, her grand coach is turning into an overripe pumpkin.  But this is life, & I’m trying desperately to make it beautiful & to see the beauty in it, but sometimes it is like grasping at fairy stories that never seem to make it in our reality.  This life does not go happily ever after, but as believers & followers of Jesus Christ, our ending does, & it is a hope & promise to cling to in times like these when It wasn’t supposed to be this way is on our tongue, because truth be told, it wasn’t supposed to be this way, but humanity messed it up all those thousands of years ago in the most beautiful garden ever known, but you know that story, don’t you?  I pray you know the story of Jesus, too, because His story changes everything & brings the beauty {in spades}, & makes it wasn’t supposed to be this way a phrase of unmerited mercy, grace, & love to us all through the gift of Jesus Christ.

I penned this in my journal over a year ago, & I'm still feeling these words, but I cling to the hope that I have a good heavenly Father who has good things in store, & I know the story ends in happily ever after for His children.

P.S.: Sorry I have been so very absent from the blog for so long.  Stay posted as I try to get back to it!  Thanks for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!