Friday, June 22, 2018

Remember


Sometimes I need reminding...

I need to hear those good, good words of what Jesus did for me once more.  For little messed-up, still-in-as-much-need-of-Him-as-when-I-first-breathed-this-mortal-air, me.  The story is so embedded into my head knowledge, but sometimes my heart could use a refresher course.  I forget all the details, the wonder, the Truth, the freedom, the impact, the gratitude.  And in my place of complacency my great need for Him is only magnified.  I will forever need You, Lord, I surely can't do this on my own.  So, I pray for fresh ears & refreshed faith, because I've forgotten the grace & goodness & joy that are mine in Him, bought at an inconceivable price.  I am forgiven & free & hallelujah & thanksgiving should live on my lips.  But I am forgetful, too.  Just like the Israelites grumbling through their wilderness wandering before me.  The pounding of this world can cause me to take my eyes off Jesus &, just like that, I've forgotten whose I am, how valuable He says I am, & how the story ends.  So I return to the cross & to the One who hung there for me, & stay close this time, & remember, & pray for fresh ears & refreshed faith once more.

Today, I need to remember.


Recently, I heard this song on the radio from Steven Curtis Chapman & I just had to add it here. It speaks of remembering all God has brought you through & how's He's lovingly carried you all this way. It reminds me to remember to remember.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!