Sunday, September 9, 2018

Monthly Recap // August 2018

➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴

 Busy, busy, busy with 21 four-year-olds!  I'm teaching pre-k this year, & it was totally not in my plans.  I applied on a whim in late July & surprisingly got it {I honestly think I was the only one who applied}.  And did I mention school started for teachers on August 1st in my county?!  So, it's been a whirlwind to say the least.  I've never taught pre-k, in fact, I taught 5th grade when I lived in my hometown.  So, yeah, it's a learning curve.  "Teacher, he said 'poo-poo head'" is something I get on the regular.  I'm so thankful we have nap time.

 My school also hasn't had pre-k in years & years & years + the administration + over half the staff are all brand new, which just adds to the crazy.  So, my classroom had not been a pre-k room last year & was full of junk {+ a few gems} from the previous grade.  They shipped everything from another pre-k that was closing at another school to my school, so my room was literally full of junk & a ton of boxes.  It was the most overwhelming thing!  I had about 3 days to get it ready for Meet the Teacher night.  It was horrible & I came home crying most of those days, but through Jesus {& Jesus alone}, I got it done.  Thank you, too, to Dan who came & helped on a Saturday!  Love you!

 We had Meet the Teacher night early on before school even started, as well as a Pre-K Orientation not too long ago, & during the orientation the vice principal asked myself & the other pre-k teacher to introduce ourselves, & during mine one of my kiddos hops up from where he's sitting with his mom & runs to hug me & then stays by my side until the very end.

 We had a super yummy bubble waffle cone date.  These are legit actual waffle cones, people!

 Took a date night trip to the arcade to play some games together!  Dan beat me in most everything, except my little victory in Connect Four.  Boo-yah! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!