Friday, September 28, 2018

Dollar Store Upcycle // "Spooky" Cat


Dan + I are definitely cat people.  Even though we don't currently have one, we both grew up with pet cats around & I know Dan would love to have one one day {I tell him we have to be out of debt first & in our own home, 'cause I'm not adding a pet fee to our monthly apt. payment, that's for sure #sheworkshardsavingmoney}.  Anywho, I saw this adorable wooden cat at the dollar section at Target this year & thought it should come home with us, 'cause it was only a buck, people!  The wooden cat came unpainted with 3 little mini paints + a paintbrush.  I was able to make use of all the black paint that it came with to cover the cat + it's little stand front & back.


Next, I took a strand of battery powered orange maple leaf twinkle lights from the Dollar Tree & a bit of washi tape & secured two of the leaves behind the cat's eyes so they would give off a spooky cat-like glow.  It's the perfect addition to our home for October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!