Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My Wedding Details

πŸ’color scheme: pinky corals & peaches of various shades
πŸ’wedding invitations: these from Vistaprint {They fit perfectly with how Dan proposed at our special tree.}
πŸ’venue: the field behind my new church {for the ceremony} + their indoor fellowship area {for the reception} {We were blessed to get both free of charge!}

πŸ’guest book: a large piece of canvas wall art from Hobby Lobby {I'm so glad I chose this!  It now hangs in our home right before the door to our bedroom.}



πŸ’wedding dress: eBay {Read the full story here!}



πŸ’floral crown veil: me + a little help from my mom {She also lovingly embroidered 3 white butterflies to attach to my veil.}

πŸ’flower girl dresses: eBay {Another bit of a gamble, but they were completely adorable + exactly what I wanted + only about $20 a pop!  We had two flower girls - one with the traditional flower basket & coral colored petals & one with a banner that read "here comes the bride."  My mom & I made the flower girl basket using satin fabric, some stuffing, & coral ribbon + a thrift store wicker basket!}




{Our little petal thrower ran out of petals before she ran out of aisle & decided she needed to go back & pick up some she already threw!  It was the kind of charming funny moment I'll always cherish.}

πŸ’cakes: Walmart {These were seriously deliciousness!  People were amazed they were Walmart cakes + they carried my tree theme with the birch bark edible image wrap around the middle of the cake!}




{My husband's Star Wars groom's cake was also from Walmart!  I added the edible silver stars myself.}


πŸ’ flowers: me + Walmart {I actually did them myself the morning of the wedding by taking apart + rearranging a couple of fresh bouquets.  This was pretty stressful, but they turned out all right in the end + were super cheap.}



{The most special part of my bouquet was the attached locket with my beloved dad's picture.  From heaven he wasn't able to walk me down the aisle, but I wanted to honor his memory & keep it close.}



In 5 short days {I can't believe it}, Dan & I will celebrate our very first wedding anniversary!  In some ways, it seems like just yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!