Monday, May 1, 2017

Monthly Recap // April 2017

➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴   ➶   ➴

Hiked the Pine Mountain waterfall loop {4+ miles & 3 mini waterfalls}!  God's gorgeous creation on display all over the place on these trails!  Almost slipped into "Slippery Rock Falls" {very appropriate name}, but my handsome husband saved me just in the nick of time {swoon}!

After the hike, we visited Franklin D. Roosevelt's retreat "The Little White House" in Warm Springs.  {At that point: We.  Were.  Tired.}

 We explored the nostalgic Lunch Box Museum & all the strange, mysterious, & wonderful antiques housed in the same massive building {including a hearse turned into some strange folk art, dozens & dozens of toy & model war planes hanging from the ceiling, & a giant ice cream cone}! {Bucket list item #21 complete!}

Strolled around Heritage Park {for the 1st time}, & the street that's still paved with brick, & finished with way too much delicious Kilwins ice cream on a bench in front of the shop.

Celebrated the 1 year anniversary of the day he asked me to marry him & the 2 year anniversary of when he asked me to be his girlfriend!

The day before Easter, Dan & I helped hide over 1,500 eggs at our church's annual Easter egg hunt!  Dan's egg hiding skills are superb; he can even create "egg trees" by ingenuously hanging them from the leaves on low branches.  Our favorite part of the day, though, was watching the excited little kiddos race around & find the plastic eggs like they were searching for treasure!

We celebrated our 1st Easter together & the gift of Jesus' perfect sacrifice & His miraculous resurrection!  After church I even had his parents over for lunch + I prepared my 1st ever ham {they liked it, to boot}!

Got our 1st ever taxes done!  This was a bit rough because of major life changes: marriage + me moving states, etc.  We got it done literally the night before it was due.  I'm never wanting to wait that late again, my sweet love {it makes me pretty much crazy, in case you wondered what all that was about around that time}.

I started attending Yoga Faith classes offered {for free (Yay!)} at my church.  It has been a huge blessing so far & I'm really enjoying the time to unwind at the start of each week!

We had a spontaneous {Monday} arcade date night!  It was a blast!  Can we do it again sometime, please?

On the last weekend of the month, we traveled back to my hometown for some family time & my sister's birthday.  Loved getting to spend time with my mom + those nephews + everybody {even Lacey, the dog (who barks like crazy at my cat impression every time)}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love these little notes we share!